Sunday, September 26, 2010

please don't forget this while you're waiting for the wash cycle to end

i would hate to be my clothes
spinning, spinning
twisting
tumbling
spinning
drowning

i would regurgitate if clothes could

i would hate to be my clothes
but some days
i feel like i am
some days
i feel like life is drowning me
and spinning me so fast that there is no way out
no way to stop its centripetal force
no way to slow things down and do them my way

so many things i would have done different
so many more times i would have said
i love you
so many more moments i would have taken the opportunity
to let you know
that you are the only one
that you are beautiful
that you are no monster
no
you're not
so stop telling yourself that

we are my clothes, whether we like it or not
we are spinning and twisting in the washing machine
we are drowning and tumbling and things are out of control
we are purging and processing 
but every wash cycle must come to an end
and baby,
together in the end 
we will be clean

No comments:

Post a Comment