Wednesday, October 13, 2010

pheonix fire

today
i've got nineteen years behind me
and i've been through more than you can imagine
highs in the stars and lows in the fires
i've seen it all yet nothing at all
but today
i'm alive to say that i've made progress
and that i'm gonna keep making progress

today
my heart hurts in more ways than one
there's a lot i need to process
if i am to continue down the road of progress
and it ain't easy
i'm an addict tryna quit old ways cold turkey
and i'm at that phase where it's tempting
to turn around on the road
and go back to what's comfortable

someone once said
that the process is so much stress
but it's the progress that feels the best
and damn, he was right
so i wanna walk back up the road
but i promise i'm not gonna
i promise i'm gonna keep following the road down
because i'm not gonna be that person
ever again

today
i will dance in my confidence
i will look into the mirror and see beauty
i will feel whole completely on my own
i will sing praises to myself
because i've gotten farther in this life than any of you
and you can bet i'm motherfucken proud
today i'm gonna be happy, even if my heart is heavy
cause today, nothing matters but me
today i put the problems on the side
today i won't let other people's shit get to me
today marks the moment in my life in which i turn
i turn toward the future and feel scared
but ready
today is the day i make these resolutions and carry them out
even after the sun goes down
today i remember the past, but settle with it too
today is the day i say i love and thank you all
today is the day i am free
today, world, i am free of my chains

today is my rebirth

No comments:

Post a Comment