Sunday, October 10, 2010

talk to a brother.

you wanna know what broken
really is?
what it really looks like?
you should see my brother
now that
is broken

he's been broken so many ways
so many times

i can't even begin to figure out
where to start
to tell you
everything he's been through

so how bout we just cut to the chase?
a few nights ago
my brother expressed his thoughts of suicide
up till that night
i had no idea

i mean, i know his life is hard
but i never knew he thought those things
probably because i haven't paid enough attention
because my life is so hard
i have to focus on me
yeah...right. 

i keep telling myself that
but it doesn't justify shit
when your brother's gotten real close
to turning thoughts into actions.

life is so fucking short
and this world has a way of making people want to make it even shorter
i didn't know what to say to him
and i still don't know
and i'm trying to think of things to tell him
to let him know
that going out like dad did
just isn't worth it

i want him to know
he's better than all this
better than this world
better than me
better than god

but i never learned how
to talk to my brother

No comments:

Post a Comment